From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 12:21:03 -0400
On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 11:41:22 -0400, Mark Labbee <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>How can you insult our intelligence and try to use "Lucy" as exhibit "A"
>for you style of paleo diet?

Lucy isn't an exhibit for my style of paleo-diet.

I just wanted to share my impressions.
I didn't include conclusions on diet, did I?

Lucy is just a famous and important puzzlestone for understanding
the developement, that led from a primate living in some
rainwood toward the body we now have.

Much has been speculated about the introduction of the upright walk,
the dentition, the versatile hands and arms and how all this led to
the further developement.
And yes, i think this has something to say.
Ignore it or make your own conclusions.

>... "Australopithecus, meaning southern ape, was a short,
>small-brained creature
>with a snoutlike face, who walked errect.

Yes, the mouth looked somehow snoutlike,
unlike chimps, without the big
teeth in front and more narrow.
The back of the head showed the smaller space for the brain.
Even smaller as a child of this size would have.

> How can you ignore the
>3+ million years of evolution that came after Lucy?

Why should I? To the opposite.
Indications are that Lucy was one of the points to start from.

Say what you want.
I liked her.

Amadeus