From:
Justin Hasselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 22:14:41 CDT
>Most cooking oils have been so processed that they are unhealthy for us.  I
>thought we had this discussion a few weeks ago?  It is the oils that have
>not been processed that are best to use.  Why go  through  all we go
>through
>to shrug and use these oils that promote free radical formation?
>Siobhan

For the best quality of unrefined oils, people might want to check out
http://www.florainc.com.  Sifting thru their website, I didn't see a section
where they listed all their oils (they have almost every single kind), but
you can just call their 800 number and get their product catalog.  If used
unrefined oils from several of the major companies, and Flora's are usually
the cheapest and freshest.  Flax oil and olive oil are my personal
favorites.

I also take cod liver oil which I get from the Life Extension Foundation
(who manufacture the world's best multivitamin/multimineral) at
http://www.lef.org.  They sell Twinlab's  Dale Alexander mint flavored
brand.  However, I believe the highest quality cod liver oil is made by
carloson labs at http://www.carsonlabs.com.

I seem to function better by cutting out *all* of the w-6 EFAs and just
amounts, w-6 EFAs are perfectly healthy, but I don't eat any.  I think Barry
Sears in _Anti Aging Zone_ may have mentioned that lean proteins contain w-6
EFAs - anyone know if this is true?

Justin Hasselman