From:
Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 23:51:12 -0800
 > > the main reason being that this diet require an adequate environment and
 > > social structure  that will takes years and
may be generations to establish.
 > > Working by myself on that project became exhausting .
 > > the reality of child rearing( 2 young kids ) in a dissociated social
 > > structure ( nuclear familly isolated from each other ) made it very
 > > difficult
 >
 > Not sure I understand this. It always sounds like you have lots of quality
 > food around. Wouldn't it just be a matter of sticking to that food? How does
 > a social structure make you eat commercial foods?

yes the food is still very available in the ecosystem( nothing in
comparaison of  what it used to be ) where i live but the time and energy to
harvest it  is not allways there because of lack of support.
  Humans allways arranged themselves in tribal setting because that is the
efficient way of bringing the diversity to the table . The lonelly woodman
could manage differently but to the expense of having no social life .I am
between 2 waters .
  i read the story of a guy who went farther than me in his need to be part
of nature that is very interesting .
he never managed to keep a relationship with a woman for long and despite he
is badly wanting a lot of childrens it is not happenning for him .Even the
most dedicated  and inspired woman to his  natural life style,  have hard
time to face the reality of it  for long ( and many have tried it ).the book
is called "the last american man " Gilbert i think i remember is the name of
the author .
For most peoples he will appear a jerk but i am myself inspired by his
uncompromising attitude .
i got the woman i got the childrens but i had to compromised a lot about my
life style .

The north american way of living is IMO the most inneficient way of living
that i have seen  despite its apparent superficial efficienty.It require  in
fact a tremendous waste of energy , most of it as we know is  of material
origin  but there is also lot of living beings and  humans energies  that
get wasted .

 > > if i wanted to eat instinctivelly the way i think it is possible and
 > > necessarry , it will require , considering the inpoverished environment
,
 > > that i spend most of my time hunting , fishing,  gathering ...
 > > something that is not fun to do allways on my own .
 >
 > I don't get it. It sounds like all you would have to do is eschew
commercial
 > produce and juicing, no?

the commercial ( organic or not ) appetite not only affect individuals in
their health ,but it is also devoring the landscape .

For me it is clear that real sustainable instinctive eating can occur only
with wild foods or at least plants and animals  that have been given the
chance to revert to their wild life-style .That require more than quitting
commercial , it require reestablishing ecosytems where animals and plants
are free to live and move about ( i don't compt on my island how many plants
and animals get destroyed by humans activity and often by well intentionned
peoples )

I just learned that a friend  tring to establish as an organic farmer, cut
hundred of green gages , purples plums , cherries trees and black berries
that i used to harvest before this land where i was establish for normally a
long term got to be for sale ( i had to move ). It was amazing the number of
human and wild life  this edge was sustaining between deers ( i compted up
to 20 of them grazing on that land at one time ) raccons,  blue geai etc....
On top of that he is in the process of fencing at least 15 acres off deer ,
the logic of being commercial .
the bad news  is that only the professionals can afford the land .
  for the 5 years i was living on that land i had the project of transforming
this place into an edible landscape that will support and feed tremendous
number of living being , now it is going to become a blueberry farm ( great
but that is going to take a lot of land to just produce berries ,nothing
else , it is not going to support anymore the geese, pheasants ,deer , birds
of any sorts that were living off that piece of land .)

 > > on top of that trying to establish edible ecosyteme , earning money to pay
 > > for untradable commodities of the modern world .Being a present father
 > > way too much for somebody like me affected by an autoimmune disorder .
 >
 > Oh, don't sell yourself short. Good luck on your pursuing the way you think
 > is possible and necessary!

thanks for the encouragement .i badly need it those days .

jean-claude