From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 14:06:18 -0500
On Thu, 4 Nov 1999, Mary wrote:

> Is he/she on paleo? what i have read about MS is it is an adult form of
> autoimmune disease, possibly induced/helped along by vax/flu shots,  similar
> to autism. The brain is overwhelmed by foreign proteins.

Autoimmune disease is not about actual foreign proteins, but the
body identifying its own proteins as foreign.  It may be caused
by "molecular mimicry" where a foreign protein resembles an
actual protein in the body closely enough that the immune system
"learns" to identify *both* as foreign.  Once that happens, it
targets the tissue proteins as if they were foreign.

If this is correct, it's hard to see how removing the foreign
protein would cure the auto-immune disease, since even after the
"mimicking" protein is removed, the immune system would continue
to attack the "mimicked" tissue, if you know what I mean.  This
suggests that autoimmune disease caused by foreign proteins may
be irreversible, unless a way can be found to get the immune
system to "forget" the foreign protein.

If so, a paleo diet may be better for prevention than treatment
of autoimmune diseases.

Does this make sense?

Todd Moody