From:
Emiliano Bussolo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 May 2011 16:41:36 +0200
Hi Jim,
first of all I have to express all my envy for your hike.

That's what I would take - or rather what I take with me when on similar
hikes:

Pemmican (odour shouldn't be a problem if you seal it in nylon bags)
Nuts
Parmigiano cheese
Dehydrated soups (very light to carry, almost non existent from the
nutritional standpoint but I think having something warm to eat is sometimes
good)
Dehydrated apples\raisins
Coconut oil
Salame (it tastes good)

>>I need your advice.  I am going on a ten day backpacking trip in the
wilderness >>of New Mexico next summer and I'd like to stay paleo.   I'm not
going to worry >>about low carb at this point, though that'd be cool too.
We will be in bear >>territory.