From:
Emiliano Bussolo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2011 12:31:14 +0100
>>they ALL ate 'local' foodstuffs which, given the climate, would have
included >>plenty of carbs in the shape of fruit, honey etc...
>>Dedy

Hi Dedy,
I wouldn't be so sure that they eat "plenty of carbs".
Which sources of carbs are there?
Fruit? Remember at those times fruit wasn't like today's, ever tried to eat
a "wild" apple? How many can you eat?
Honey? Maybe, but I doubt it could have been a staple.
Roots and such stuff might even be poisonous if not cooked.
Maybe berries - only in the right season and only for a limited period of
time.

There really aren't many sources of carbs...

 --

 Sponsor:
 Vuoi fare un regalo davvero originale? Su MisterCupido.com puoi crearlo tu! Personalizza con le tue foto: quadri, tazze, puzzle, cuscini, peluche...