From:
"Anna L. Abrante" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 03:50:37 EDT
In a message dated 8/30/99 12:31:57 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I just learn today( in a movie about excentric behaviors of animals)  that
>  the KUng people of Kalahari desert eat once a day and certainly not in the
>  morning, because they have to earn their meal first..

Really?...I have only one main meal too.  I prefer to snack for any other
hunger. And I don't eat breakfast either, it takes me hours to get a real
hunger...I go to the gym within an hour or two of waking, then have something
small if it's going to be a while before my real meal...then I'll have a
fairly large
meal....snack on fruit if I get hungry before bed ( I work at night, sleep in
the
day, this would be very different if I worked in the day time.)  I'm  not
having
any trouble building muscle...I'm not undernourished suprisingly enough.

My hypoglycemia has been under control since working out so much.  The
large amount of time between meals doesn't seem to bother me.  I eat protein
at every meal so I'm in balance....but still some starch to help with
carb-ups, only on
workout days. I am striving to cut out or replace those starches with paleo
foods
tho'....

So the !Kung don't snack either?...what time of day is their meal? Is this
movie
available to the average public? I would love to see that.

Ya know, I've actually been thinking lately that I was somehow doing myself
harm by not eating constantly, what with all the "6 small meals a day" advice.
I had to do that when I was experiencing more hypo attacks...but not now.
I'm glad to see that one can thrive on a one a day feeding..cuz by accident
it seems to be working for me... even with heavy exercise.

Anna 8-)