From:
"Anna L. Abrante" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 11:21:02 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

>  >We are told citrus is a big problem with many people, but considering how
>  >long it's been such an important part of the Spanish diet, I wonder if
> others
>  >of you tolerate it as well as I do.
>
>  My information is citrus fruits are from Asia. So I don't see how they
>  would have been in the Spanish diet a long time.
>
>  For example limes are from north-east India and Malaysia. The shaddock
>  originates from the islands of Polynesia in the South Pacific.
>
>  Don.

Yes thats true, I was just reading about that in "Food in Antiquity" today,
when I wrote
long time, I didn't mean as far back as prehistory.  I don't know what foods
were native
to Spain in prehistory, that's why I started with , Does anyone know where I
can find
out what foods were native to the Spanish region prehistorically.

Anna  8-)