From:
"C. ten Broeke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 15:55:41 +0100
Lol, the way the article is written is like a good ol' advert for
snakeoil ;-)
The only thing I can think of why food should not be irradiated is that
we NEED bacteria in it. It helps the digestion and steers loads of other
processes (read Lights Out).
Just imagine what would happen if we never ate intestine-friendly
bacteria...  We would not digest properly, not be able to fight off
disease as we are designed to do, perhaps confuse our reptile-brain that
is supposed to be located in our guts...
I am very aware of foodpoisening and it's possible consequenses like
reiters disease.  A nasty form af arthritis which I was incorrectly
diagnosed with a few years. One of the causes can be foodpoisening and
the helpgroup on the net has a few people that went on holiday and
became ill some time later. Still I think it's better to have resistence
against hostile bacteria and the only way to build that up is by exposure.
Liz, dunno if this is science enough, if you like I can look up the
relevant details in medical books for you.

Christy