Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 14:34:03 -0400
Mark Pfannenstiel posted this:
>>>About the Thai coconut milk - I think they homogonize the milk with some of
>>the meat.  They might add something else, but the only ingredients ever listed
are coconut milk, water and some preservative.  I end up using it in thai
soups and curries.

My reply:
Thai brand is not the same as Thai KitchenŽ.  The latter does not add any
sulftied or preservatives, although some cheaper brands include sulfites.
The milk is made by blending the coconut meat with water.  The mixture will
thicken and separate in the can, in cold weather.  Or, when blended and
refrigerated it will thicken, but not usually separate.  See my other post
on the digest about this.

Rachel Matesz