From:
Jean Risman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 May 2003 09:03:03 -0400
Congratulations on the upcoming birth. Babies don't come with rule books and
if you have more than one baby you find that all the things you thought you
knew about babies really was only about that first baby. My two had very
different personalities and very different needs, so follow your instincts.
Also you have to do what's best for the baby in a way that allows you to
lead a life that is satisfying  and works for you. Read books, listen to
advice, and then figure out what works best for you and your baby. I myself
can't imagine prechewing food and the blender is a great invention.
Technology isn't always bad. I don't believe that there is only one right
way to raise a baby. Thinking that there is and finding you can't follow
that one right path, or your baby will not comply with the rule book, only
leads to feelings of guilt, that you are not doing it right, and this
attitude can be very harmful and to both parents and babies. You'll figure
it out, I'm sure.

Jean