From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 2004 18:54:03 +0100
On Jun 05, 2004, at 10:55 pm, Mary Pezzetta wrote:

> Ash,
>
> Floating stool is generally caused by high fat in the diet.  Are you
> eating
> fatty meats or other fat sources?
>
> Mary

Mary,

I don't eat a lot of fat really- I eat very little at all in the
morning (sometimes a bit of fruit), a lean meat or fish salad in the
day, sometimes with an egg, and a piece of meat/fish at night with
vegetables.  Until about a week ago I was eating up to 100g of nuts a
day (providing about 50g of fat I think).  When I switched to paleo,
all I did really was cut out the non-paleo bits, so I eat a bit more
meat, but not a huge amount more.  The nuts were the only thing I
started eating in much larger quantities.  Maybe it will sort itself
out in the next few weeks.

I had never heard that fat was a cause of this problem; like I said I
thought the main cause was a leaky gut.  Surely that means it must be
common problem for Atkinsers?  My mum has never volunteered this
information if it is the case.

Ashley