From:
Snowlight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 08:15:14 -0700
Catherine Tressider wrote:

> It works, but I have had to
> put my morals on the backburner to follow this WOE.  I do believe that
eating
> meat is natural for human beings, but at the same time I feel bad for the
> animals (especially those that suffer in factory farms) and it weighs on
my
> conscience.
--------------------------------
We have disassociated ourselves from the cycles of life and death.  In
today's society (meaning all of us here with a computer to communicate with)
we are not taught to deal with life and death as a natural process.  Our
food is living before we eat it, whether it is plant or animal.  Morality
has nothing to do with eating living material to stay alive.  I believe this
is the essence to why we make the weird processed food we have developed, it
allows us not to stay separate from death.  What the hell is a Twinkie
anyway?  When we over process food and develop foods not found in nature we
no longer recognise it as a living material that gives us life.  Think about
how many people today actually live on foods that do not resemble living
foods at all.  Eat a chunk of beef and you are experiencing eating something
that had life.  Eating a Twinkie doesn't.  But don't be fooled, eating a
head of lettuce is eating a living thing.  Maybe it screamed when killed, we
just didn't hear it!

Snowlight
(a former veggie for 13 years, gained 120 lbs and felt awful)