From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Dec 2011 20:22:15 -0800
Hi Robin,
You are very welcome. As you have probably gathered by now, this is not a
list where we are all in total agreement. I think that is great but it can
also be confusing to someone who is new to these ideas. My personal bias is
that each of us comes to the table (pardon the pun) with at least slightly
different genetic backgrounds. I have quite a racial mixture in my own
heritage and I can tell you that what works for me is not identical to what
works for others.

Nonetheless, I think that there is more common ground than difference, so I
think this list is a very valuable resource, including all the variations in
opinion.

For instance, while I am not a raw food advocate, the raw food paradigm
might be safe and valid for range fed animals but I would not even consider
it for feed lot beef, conventionally raised pork, or poultry raised in a
conventional setting. Even if the processing takes place in the same
facility, I would not eat raw meat from that facility.   There is merit to
the argument in favor of raw meat, but in our culture I'm skeptical about
the safety of such practices.

And my own bias has me eating cooked foods. I am of the opinion that cooking
has been around for a very long time and I suspect that we are fairly well
adapted to that invention.

Best Wishes,
Ron