From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 2009 07:34:39 -0600
On Fri, 22 May 2009 06:10:45 -0600, Joseph Berne <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> I can't really claim to speak for other people, but here I go anyway:
> I think the choices are that we evolved over a period of a couple of
> million
> year (our ancestors being a creature that doesn't exist anymore but would
> look to us more like a monkey or ape than like a person) or that we were
> designed by some higher power (be it God or some intelligent designer).
> If there's a third option please enlighten me.
Of course there's a third theory.  God uses evolution as a tool.  He
doesn't just plunk
each and every species of animal (including man) independently on the
earth, with no relationship to one another.  It is perfectly clear that we
are physiologically related to other mammals.  Now don't let the
creationists go ballistic on me.  They of course can believe that God in
his workshop personally invented each one of the millions of different
species, and continually tinkers with them, and has chosen for some reason
of his own to make us look quite a lot like apes.

We're on a planet given to changes, big changes, lots of them, both sudden
and slow.  Evolution is a wonderful tool for making sure that life forms
adapt to their ever-changing environment.

Can we just agree that Creationists will never change the minds of
Evolutionists, and vice versa, and get off this subject?  Everyone is
perfectly free to believe whatever they like, regardless of whether it
fits any known facts or any known religion.  If people want to rant on
this subject, I'm sure there are plenty of groups on the internet
dedicated to this subject, where they can rant away.  In fact I'm sure
there are some groups that specifically discuss the dietary rules in the
Bible, where the discussion will certainly be more informational and
pleasant for believers than this group.  In fact, there are probably
kosher and non-kosher groups on Biblical eating.  I don't want to see
Paleofood hijacked into a rancorous discussion of religious beliefs.

	Lynnet