From:
Alison Whitwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 00:04:21 GMT
I mentionedthe other day that some foods make my leg ache -raw
carrots,apples and some others too.

I went to my complementary medicine doctor yesterday and told her
about it.
I suggested it sounded like an allergy becuase it happens when the
food has
barely reached the stomach.

she looked a few things up and we discovered that carrots, apples,
potatoes,
tomatoes, eggplant, grapes all have something called malvin. It's
common in
red, purple and blue fruits/veg.

Anyway, malvin is apparantly very allergenic and it can affect the
nervous
system. I have MS which is what the leg ache is about.

She gave me some homeopathic drops to desensitise me to malvin.

It makes a lot of sense and it's interesting.

I'll see how the drops go and I'll try to avoid raw carrot and apples
as
well as staying on the paleo diet.

Al