Date:
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 09:35:15 -0400
Sharon said:

>> You know, a friend gave me Dr. Lee's book year ago, and maybe I should
> read it!  But I know he is anti-estrogen, and in the meantime I have
> doctors who say you should start replacing estrogen at the first hot
> flash to stave off heart disease and the ravages of aging!

It's total BS!!!  They're selling you a pile of hot steaming corn
grits---and making money from it.  Your body can produce the estrogen
it
needs from body fat or cholesterol.  Women have lived for eons without
hormone replacement therapy.  They are playing MOTHER NATURE or GOD
with no
right!  HRT is dangerous.

Sharon:
> comment about cysts caught my attention.  I have recently been diagnosed
> with a cyst on my thyroid gland.  In addition, I have for years had a
> number of lumps my doctors say are cysts that are between my breast and
> armpit which can be quite uncomfortable from time to time.  So I can't
> help but wonder where all these cysts come from!
>
> And another question ... how about hormones in the meat we eat,
> especially when we eat a lot of it.  I would love to be able to go to
> alternative sources for meat, but I simply cannot afford it, so what am
> I getting in what I buy at the grocery store?

Even if you cannot afford grassfed meat, you may be able to afford
Hormone
and antibiotic free meat/fowl.  It doesn't always cost more.  Check
out
www.laurasleanbeef.com  It's sold in many supermarket chains accross
the
country.  You can get coupons by called Laura's 800#.

If you live in Amish Country (Ohio, Michigan, Indiana) you can get
hormone
and antibiotic free chicken for a very affordable price in some chain
supermarkets.  Some large health food co-op chains sell drug free
poultry as
an alternative to "organically raised" poultry  (that was the case
when I
lived in Seattle, WA).  OUr local farmers' market sells hormone and
antibiotic free poultry for a reasonable price too.  Check around.

Also check out www.eatwild.com  for a farmer in your area.  You may
get good
price for grassfed meat, poultry, pork if you buy in quantity (stock
the
freezer) and buy right from the farmer and elminating the middle man.

If you are drinking tap water, you will be exposed to xenoestrogens,
endocrine disruptors such as PCBs and THMs (thrihaolmethanes), etc.
which
can increase your risk of cancer, heart disease,  etc.  E-mail me
privately
if you want articles, links, and references for this.  Note:  Many
water
filters on the market fail to take out PCBs and THMs and other
disinfection
by-products which can cause endocrine disruption.  The water
filtration
system I've used for more than 13 years is NSF Certified to take out
these
contaminants as well as MTBE, herbicides, pesticides, heavy metals,
crptosporidium, etc...

Also, if you use plastic wrap, store a lot of foods in plastic, buy or
store
water in flexible/soft plastic bottles you will also increase your
exposure
to chemicals that are xenoestrogens or estrogen mimickers which can
promote
cancer and other problems.  There are plenty of non-toxic, safe and
convenient ways to store foods with minimal plastic exposure.  It's
just a
matter of learning and making certain things habits.

Rachel Matesz