From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 10:26:09 -0600
> Jim Walsh: "Now, I don't know for sure - I am not a doctor, perhaps Ray *has*
discovered something truly profound, but if so he has failed to explain
the connection. Unfortunately, I suspect he has simply goofed up."

Two points on what I've been calling Ray's revolutionary idea.

First, as Oliva pointed out to me in a personal email yesterday, it's not a new
idea.  If I may quote from her message: "I think it's safe to say that the
'revolutionary idea' you speak of is not Ray's....  It was developed some time
ago and Dr.Rudy Rivera and Roger D.Deutsch discuss it in "Your Hidden Food
Allergies Are Making You Fat."  You can find the link to the article at
www.alcat.com.

So I will refrain from calling it Ray's revolutionary idea.  Although he may
have come up with it without ever having seen the work of Drs Rivera and
Deutsch, he was apparently not the first to think of it.

Second, what's more important is that it's clear he didn't goof up.  Right or
wrong, he's serious about this idea.  And I believe that there is some serious
evidence to back up the idea that the body holds onto fat in order to defend
itself.  Would it be a revolution in the way we conceive of the concept of the
causes of obesity?  Absolutely.

Again, this is what I had hoped Cordain would address -- positively or
negatively -- in his new book.  We need more science in this area.

Jim Swayze