Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 08:12:43 -0400
Justine Shrider <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Before I get as brave as Mary and others and start a batch of pemmican, does
anyone know a source online that sells it. I'd like to taste it before I
borrow my friends' equipment to make it. Thanks.

Don't be shy, give pemmican a try.  You have the upper hand--you will bite
it...it won't bite you! :-))

Seriously, you can't buy it anywhere.  But, I'd say if you like beef, you
like fat, and you like dried meat (jerky), you will like pemmican.

Rachel

(who loved it from the very first taste off the spoon after mixing it.)  Get
Ray's book and see the Paleo recipe archives for recipes and you are all
set. )

PS>  I have turned more than half a dozen people onto pemmican just by
sending them a piece or two in the mail or giving them some (if they live
nearby and are open to and into this way of eating or something similar.)
Many kids gobble it up too!

PPS>  I say GO FOR IT!  The recipe in Ray's book sound large but it makes
about 12 small muffin size rounds. Remember, the meat shrinks A LOT!  It
also lasts forever (unless you eat it, and then it doesn't last so long!
;-))   Bon apetit!