Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 20:34:49 -0700
>The fact that commercial grape juice is loaded
> with sugar seems to have eluded these idiots, feeding at
the government
> trough. The French (and the Italians, Spanish, Greeks and
Portuguese) simply
> consume much less sugar than the Americans or British.

       Good that you brought that up as I have been reading
labels for so long that somehow I overlooked juice as
something     that most people would buy without looking at
the label  ;  whereas with bread I realize that few read the
label.

> The fact is that Seely's data makes the most sense - 90%
correlation between
> sugar consumption and breast cancer, and 89% correlation
with heart deaths.

My conclusion also;  please how do I get to Seely's data.

> Also note that modern fruits have been selectively bred to
have a high sugar
> (fructose) content, so they are not that great compared
with Paleolithic
> "fruit" (small, tart berries).

I disagree here.   I have eaten several different varieties
of wild berries in Oregon.   They can be superbly sweet.

However the wild apples I found in Oregon  were small and
tart.

Regards,  Lorenzo