From:
Mary French <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 13:33:47 -0800
I think too there is something else at play,
maybe something genetic?  Neither I nor my mom has ever had a cavity.  (When I

was a child I couldn't understand why so many
kids were afraid of the dentist.  I saw going to
the dentist as missing school,

having my teeth checked, getting a balloon, and
then going out to lunch.)  My mom was and is a fanatical toothbrusher; I on

the other hand was always unbelievably negligent...
  Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I think something else is at play. For instance, my brother and I grew up
eating sweets, junk, etc. He had horrible brushing habits -- rarely did it
-- yuch! And when he needed braces, the dentist kept warning him that if he
didn't improve his brushing while the braces were on, his teeth would have
lots of cavities after the braces were removed. My brother continued his bad
dental hygiene while wearing braces and when they were removed, he had tons
of tarter build up but not one cavity...