PALEODIET Archives

Paleolithic Diet Symposium List

PALEODIET@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dana Carpender <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 20:20:30 -0500
Curious to know:  have any of the studies of meat consumption and cancer
development been done on people who ate a very low carb diet, or at
least ate no sugar or refined flour products of any kind?  I've read
some interesting stuff in Medline about ketogenic diets slowing tumor
growth, and in some cases even shrinking tumors, while preventing
cachexia.  The ketogenic diet used was high in MCTs; have no idea what
importance that has to the positive results.  From what I can gather,
cancer is a glucose-hog, and limiting the glucose load is the
theoretical cause of the positive results.  Thoughts?  Studies?

Dana