PALEODIET Archives

Paleolithic Diet Symposium List

PALEODIET@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gregg M Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 May 1998 03:05:18 -0700
Hi Andrew!!!

> I found the following on Elsevier's Science Channel www.sciencechannel.nl,
> and was surprised not to have seen it discussed here.  Anyone know any
> more
>
> Andrew Millard
> ------------------------
> Fat is back!
>                                               April 23, 1998
> [...snip...]

Yes I heard about this I think on Monday, or at least in the beginning
of the week, on the Early Morning News since I don't usually get to bed
till about 6:00 or 7:00 in the Morning since I'm a Night Owl.  In the
Segment one Doctor from Harvard University said they've know about this
for Decades.  The Story was about Good Fats vs. Bad Fats and they said
Fats like Olive Oil and Canola Oil were Good and I don't remember what
they said were Bad.  I just thought it was interesting how they knew
this for Decades and yet just about every so-called Expert was telling
People to go on this Stupid and Dangerous - in my Opinion - Low Fat
Diet, yet all the Data I've ever seen shows that it exactly the Opposite
and that in fact it's a High Fat Diet that is Good for you - Of course,
it depends on the Fat and I'm talking mostly Animal Fats and
Non-Hydrogenated Vegetable Fats.  After the guy from Harvard spoke one
Stupid Lady was saying that we still had to be careful because of all
the Calories that Olive Oil has and it had 120 Calories per Tablespoon
and so High Calorie and too many Calories is not good for us.  Well she
didn't look very Healthy to me and I'm suppose to listen to her
Propaganda? - I Don't Think So!!!  You ever notice how Unhealthy most of
these Nutritionists, Doctors, and Researchers look and yet they're
telling us what to Eat and how to Live - Nooooo Thank You!!! - Not For
Me!!!

Anyway, if anyone here has some really good Data and Studies on the
Benefits of a High Fat Diet and some good Resources for that Data I'd
really appreciate - Thanks!!! - :)!!!

 - Take Care!!!

 - Gregg!!!