PALEODIET Archives

Paleolithic Diet Symposium List

PALEODIET@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 1997 17:27:48 -0700
Hi Robert,
As you know, your question falls outside the realm of my usual
participation. Still, Fraser Scott's papers (courtesy of Ashton Embry)
suggest that soy protein can induce type 1 diabetes in genetically
susceptible rats.

At 04:00 PM 12/16/97 -0400,  Robert Crayhon wrote:

>Question: Does anyone in the group know the n6/n3 ratio of grasses that
>animals in the wild forage upon?

I attended a conference in Vancouver, B.C., last month, where a Dr.
Pizzorno, ND, spoke. If memory serves, he indicated that in wild, ranging
animals, the balance between  omega 6 and omega 3 was about equal. In grain
fed animals, however, there was a huge increase of omega 6, leading to an
imbalance.

As I said, this not an area I've focussed on, so I wouldn't know if
I have missed some critical feature of what he said, or if I have gotten it
wrong. I'm just repeating what I think I heard. Still, it seems a question
well worth pursuing.

best wishes,
Ron Hoggan