PALEODIET Archives

Paleolithic Diet Symposium List

PALEODIET@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 12:44:16 -0500
I don't have access to the Nature article, but on the face of it these
concerns seem ridiculous.  Perhaps they hold for some extreme (perhaps
those very high saturated fat, zero vegetable) lo-carb diets, with extreme
ketosis for very long terms.  On the contrary, I associate heart
arrhythmias and heart muscle problems with low calorie high carb diets,
which are known to casue weight loss in part by attacking muscle, including
heart muscle, tissue: e.g., the dangers of death from prolonged fasting
(even "juice" fasting).

I'm interested to hear from our more scholarly list members.

John Blank, L.Ac.