PALEODIET Archives

Paleolithic Diet Symposium List

PALEODIET@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 1999 18:50:07 -0400
Mary <[log in to unmask]> asked:

>On the gluten (celiac) list , many say that if a breast feeding mother eats
>gluten and casein, they will be present in the breast milk.
>
>On the other hand, I had a breast feeding expert email me that gluten and
>casein do NOT get into the mother's milk.

I don't know what you mean by a breast feeding expert. You mean someone
expert in the techniques of breast feeding? The reason people on the celiac
list state what they do is this has been researched. Below is just one of
two articles written by Dr. Reichelt and on the web. He has been
researching the impact of gluten and casein intolerance on certain
individuals with developmental delays. A collected set of his postings to
the net has been put up at:

  http://www.panix.com/~donwiss/reichelt.html