PALEODIET Archives

Paleolithic Diet Symposium List

PALEODIET@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Petersson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 07:35:37 +0100
The Paleodiet list has been very quiet lately, which probably has prompted some of you to wonder if it has silently passed away. This is not the case. Due to other commitments, Dean Esmay has not been able to actively moderate the Paleodiet list the past months, which has caused some lag. After discussions between him and co-owners Loren Cordain, Staffan Lindeberg, and Don Wiss, it was decided that I should assume the responsibility of the daily management of the list. As list creator, Dean Esmay will retain a moderator emeritus role. There will certainly be more than one time that I will run to him for help, as well as to the other list-owners. However, the day-to-day technicalities such as approval of contributions to the list will be handled by me.

As a short introduction, I am a last-year medical student at Lund University in Sweden. My interest in the paleolithic diet and an evolutionary view on medicine was sparked - as perhaps for a few others on this list - by Randolph Nesse's and George Williams' book "Evolution and Healing", and was further fuelled by my encounter with Staffan Lindeberg. Researchwise, I am hoping to at some point do a follow-up study of Staffan's study of cardiovascular disease amongst Trobriand Islanders on Kitava, in which I would like to study urbanised Trobriand Islanders. Thus I am interested in any and all experiences of migrant studies.

In the past, this list has served as a forum for spirited academic debate. It is my sincere hope that this will shortly be true once again.

Let us revive the Paleodiet mailing list!

Regards,
Dan Petersson