PALEODIET Archives

Paleolithic Diet Symposium List

PALEODIET@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Art De Vany <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 1997 11:22:08 -0700
This is a report from a former student no longer in fear of grades
and free to say what he wants to say.  It is an almost controlled
experiment, longer in time scale than most fitness studies, and
lacking only in sample size.  The young man is of Vietnamese and
French genetic heritage.  He had been drinking protein shakes,
consuming engineered fat loss food, and taking "fat burners" of
every description.   He is 5'10", 22 years old and seemed to me to
be insulin-resistant.  Parents are border-line NIDDM.  He had worked
out for years according to what body builder magazines
prescribed---high volume, repetitive, daily or sometimes twice daily
training.  He had a cold all the time and seemed to be chronically
overtrained.  He stopped eating and exercising the way he had been
for the past 3 years and followed the Evolutionary Fitness program
(or non-program, given its variation).

* Well, it's been nine months of fitness under your advice through
"Evolutionary Fitness" and the results have been extrordinary. Back
in January, I was weighing in at 230 lbs. with a fat count of around
23.9%. Today, I'm weighing in at 188 lbs. with a fat count of only
8.9%. For my age, I'm still not at "lean body mass" of 6 to 7% for a
22yr. old male, but the improvements are very satisfying. Through
your workout and advice, I have seen dramatic results in fat
burnning and an increase in overall strength. I am still trying to
implement cardivascular exercises into my workout, but it is amazing
how much fat can be lost through your workout and diet. I have
completely eliminated rice, most grains, and patatoes from my diet
and have increased my intake of protien enriched foods, especially
red meats which is very appealing to my apitite. I have finally
decreased enough fat on my body to where I can seriously notice how
your exercises have given me better shape. I am especially pleased
with the results of the upper chest, thanks to your emphasis on
inclines rather than flat benching. Thanks for all your great
advice. I've been trying to reduce fat since the summer of '96 and
nothing has induced a dramatic result as your fitness program.
You're not only a great professor, but a great fitness guru also.

Arthur De Vany
Professor
http://www.socsci.uci.edu/mbs/personnel/devany/devany.html
Institute for Mathematical Behavioral Sciences

"The more corrupt the republic, the more laws multiply." Tacitus