PALEODIET Archives

Paleolithic Diet Symposium List

PALEODIET@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ron Hoggan1 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 18:46:45 +0000
Hi Jean-Louis,

Stefansson, Vilhjalmur _Cancer: Disease of Civilization?_ Hill and
Wang, New York, 1960

The author lived among the Inuit for 10 years, on the Northern Coast
of Canada.   He provides a fascinating discussion
of the absence of cancer among those who were not consuming a Western
diet. (In 1906, when he began his observations, few of the Canadian
Inuit had yet been significantly exposed to our diet.)

It is a very enjoyable read. But perhaps you are already familiar
with it, and you know that I have not done it justice.

> I was wondering if there was some data available on the prevalence of cancer in
> some H-G populations. Does anyone here have some references?
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Jean-Louis Tu

Ron Hoggan
Calgary, Alberta, Canada