PALEODIET Archives

Paleolithic Diet Symposium List

PALEODIET@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Edward Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 15:28:06 -0500
2nd attempt (1st version muddled) ...

Ben,

Thanks for posting this.  I read some of this article, but got sick to my
stomach [from it]!  You are [so] right about them being so wrong!

Sometimes I cannot believe how the activity that we call "science" can be
so entrenched with commercial interests and how individual scientists must
be corrupted (or at least corruptible) in order to appear so
intellectually dishonest!  I mean: What does it take to state ANY
confidence in a notion that "potatoes, etc" (read: carbohydrates) are the
dietary change that enlarged our brain?!  I cannot BELIEVE the lack of any
talk of fatty acids in this article!  It should be a crime to leave those
out of the article!

Those in the future will look back at this article (realizing the known
science that was omitted) and say that we were so dishonestly greedy at
one time that we didn't reasonably care about truth & understanding.

Ed