PALEODIET Archives

Paleolithic Diet Symposium List

PALEODIET@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dean Esmay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 14:55:50 -0400
Submitted by Douglas in Pittsburgh:

"This is a preview of an article to be published in Current
Anthropology in December.  it apparently suggests that the
consequences of cooking vegetables outweigh the consequences
of cooking meat, not just nutritionally but socially as well.

http://cnn.com/HEALTH/diet.fitness/9908/11/science.cooking.reut/

"

This is a popular (Reuters) account of a paper due to be published in
Current Anthropology later this year.  As it's a popular account we can
probably expect the story to be rather shallow on details.  It's also
interesting that these scientists have chosen to speak to the press even
before their paper is published.  I'm not sure that's a good sign.  But the
article is interesting.

Thanks to Douglas for sending it along.