PALEODIET Archives

Paleolithic Diet Symposium List

PALEODIET@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
LSCummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 18:06:55 EST
Todd,

In your last post, I think your questions/concluding remarks are another way
to sum up the literature about equating diet with blood types, body types,
etc.  Seems to be a lot of anecdotal evidence to support this.  Personally, I
do very poorly on a high carbohydrate diet.  This also leads me to question
your statement "even though the basic nutritional needs of all humans are the
same.."   .....   are they??  I'm not so certain that we should be starting
out from this premise.  I think that the existence of RDA provides a facade to
fool us into thinking that human nutritional requirements are not unique for
different groups and that we all require the same stuff.  If we look at diets
around the world, nutrient quantities probably vary significantly between
populations.

Linda Scott Cummings