NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 16:05:47 -0400

>Does anyone else have any 'healthy high-fat' (don't laugh) ideas?

Not a laughing matter. We've discussed this before. It's indeed tough. We
try by encouraging Josh to eat his toast with olive oil; we give him foods,
including meats, that are high in fat. We pay little attention to concerns
about saturated fats, but we try to minimized trans-fatty acids in such
items as margarines and hydrogenated fat-based snacks. When he was young,
we gave him soy formula, not soy milk, since the latter is much lower in
fat. We pick the rice milks that contain fat, not the fat-free varieties.

Like I said, it's tough, but it's something that we must do for our growing
children.

Mark
Mark Feblowitz                  GTE Laboratories Incorporated
[log in to unmask]              40 Sylvan Road, Waltham, MA 02154-1120