NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 11:34:58 -0800
April wrote:

> I wonder if the Jello (if it is non-dairy) would work with soya milk?  I
> will have to give it a try.

I have tried this and it does not work.  Soya milk must not have "something"
needed to make the Jello gel.  I have tried using silken tofu with Jello and
mixing it in the blender and it turns out really well!  Make sure you blend
until it it smooth and creamy.  You may need to add up to 4 Tbsp. water so
that it mixes well.

As a jello alternative I often use the Mori-Nu Mates for pudding (using the
same method with silken tofu).  I haven't checked the label to see if it is
dairy free, but you may wish to look into this.

LaDonna