NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 23:00:09 -0800
On Sat, 8 Jan 2000 22:40:11 EST E Coloura <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> Where did you find the rice crackers?  What brand etc?

I found several brands at Whole Foods.  The type I bought was Rice Thins
by Sesmark.  I got the plain variety.  They are marked OU-D bc they make
a cheddar variety and probably don't have separate equipment.  This is
not an issue for us  The ingred are brown rice flour, safflower oil,
salt.  There is also a note that the facilitiy also produces wheat
products so there may be a cross contamination problem there also.  We
don't specifically have a problem with wheat, but are just waiting a few
more months until introducing it.  He has had things with small amounts
of flour in it.

>  Could you  pass along the teething bisquit recipe.

Big Disclaimer - I ahve not tried this recipe yet :-)  I got this from
CookieRecipe.com.  I don't know what sort of texture these are, but the
hard teething biscuits make such a mess anyway.  The recipe also calls
for 1/2 c groud nuts, but I'm going to leave those out.

Pumpkin Cookies

1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder (gf)
1 tsp tsp cinnamon
1 c. rice flour (I found this at a baking supply store, but you can
probably find it at the health food store)
3/4 c potato starch (look in the Kosher section of the grocery)
1/2 c shortening
3/4 c sugar
1 c canned pumkin

Preheat oven 350F.  Sift dry ingred together.  Cream shortening and
sugar.  Add pumpkin.  Add dry ingred.  Beat until smooth.  Shape into 1
in balls and place on greased cookie sheet.  Press flat with fork.  Bake
9-12 minutes.

Let me know if you try them,
Kathy P.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!