NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lori Boldt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 10:11:49 -0500
Brian had an endoscopy in August.  Yes you will get upset when they take him
in and during recovery, they have lots of kleenex boxes lying around.  But
it went fairly quickly (20 minutes).  I don't know what a flexible
sigmoidoscopy is.  With the endoscopy you don't have to "clean" out the
intestines the day before, just can't eat/drink anything after midnight.
Hopefully you get an early morning surgery time.  Brian's wasn't until noon
and he was pretty hungry by then.  He was back home eating "lunch" by 3:00
(includes a 45 minute drive home from hospital).  By the way, Brian's biopsy
for celiac was negative although he showed chronic inflammation.  We have
only been dairy free for about 3 months so I am hoping his gut just needs
more time to heal.  We are suppose to do the blood test for Celiac (tissue
transfer ?) again in 6 months and was told to give him 1/2 tsp of metamuscil
a day as well as continue the dairy free diet.

Hope you get your answers for Tyler.
Lori