NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Marcotte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 23:27:42 -0400
An interesting recipe for Chocolate Chip cookies. However, listees should
check whether the chocolate chips are dairy free. Most are not in my
experience. Even those which say nothing about dairy often have some trace
amounts. At least that is what I have found based on my body's reaction
after eating cookies with them inside. I look for Pareve symbols because
they confirm dairy is not present. Ironically, it is a no-name brand which
is the only chocolate product which carries the symbol in my favorite
grocery store!! I had a reaction earlier this week to a dark milk chocolate
bar which showed no dairy in its ingredients. So I have upped my standards
to mandate that a chocolate product must be Pareve before I'll eat it!

Don Marcotte

-