NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dawn Hyatt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 14:28:22 -0600
At 10:04 AM 11/11/97 -0800, you wrote:
>My 6 year old son has anaphylaxis (reaction is immediate within 30
>seconds) to all dairy and therefore is on a strict non-dairy diet.
>Has anyone else had experience with reactions to other mammalian
>proteins beyond what is found in milk?
        Yes. I have the same kind of reaction (plus a few additional symptoms
beyond those mentioned) from any animal source protein. I stick to beans
for my protein intake. My worse reactions come from dairy, followed by
pork, beef and eggs. I've gotten used to it and don't miss much. There are
some really wonderful vegan web sites/news groups on the Internet that
offer cooking ideas/recipes that are very helpful.