NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 19:57:56 +0000
Hi all,

I was talking to the local baker -- hoping he could provide me with
sandwhich bread that contained no milk -- today.  He read off the
ingredients in one type of bread -- don't remember the type -- and
all sounded fine except Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate.  Mostly, the
lactylate sounded suspiciously like Lactose.  When I got home from
work, I checked the list of label listings for milk provided by my
allergist.  I then checked the list I pulled off of the archive.
Neither specifically say that lactylate is from milk but I want to be
sure.  Hopefully, someone here can help.

Laura

"I'm tryin' to contain an outbreak here and you're drivin' the monkey to the airport!"
   -- King of the Hill