NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jeanine Callag <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 15:43:13 EDT
After many, many prayer requests my sons today went to see their allergist and
had 'outgrown' some of their allergies.

 To back up, my 1st son Nate as a baby 11mths was back scratch tested and
found to be allergic to milk 4+w/sat. hives, 4 to egg, and 4 to peanut, plus
many other small ones too many to mention.  After much testing and avoidance
of all of these allergens today tested negative milk and egg on the back
scratch test.  He will be 4 in Sept..  Unfortunately, the peanut is still a
big one and may never test neg. for that one.  He was tested interdermally for
milk which came back 2 and egg was 4.

The allergist felt he shouldn't have any trouble with the milk products, but
to try things out slowly i.e. small amounts of cheese, maybe something with
egg in it if it was cooked.  I remember when he  tested a 1 on the back
scratch test with apple I still gave it to him and he was ok.  Since both of
these were neg. on the back I'm hoping he will be able to tolerate some dairy
and little egg.

My other son, Cameron who is 22 months old was tested at 1 yr. and only had
milk
as a big allergy which was a 4 on the back and egg which was a 1.  This time
he was negative for the milk and his egg allergy for some reason had increased
to a 3 on the back.  He's never had any dairy or egg.

The allergist said with Cameron to also try small amounts of dairy and no egg.

I'm wanting to know your opinion on what I should try and any experience to
eating new things you or someone you know who once had an allergy . I have yet
to try anything new on them yet.  The doc says to wait until the morning.

 Thanks in advance.