NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 12:27:26 -0500
>Hi to all,
>
>   I have not written to the group for a while but I am enjoying all the
>info I'm reading.  My daughter is alergic to milk protein( her Ped tells
>me). She breaks out into an eczema rash all over when she has any milk
>product.  I have been reading ingredients and not giving her any product
>that has milk or any derive .  She is still breaking out much worse than
>ever.  She also has the horrible dark circles.

A food-by-food elimination is not likely to help. And the food allergy
tests are not likely to shed too much light - but do them anyway, just in
case you find out something interesting. Otherwise, the best thing is to
find a minimal diet that is nutritionally complete enough and also allows
here to be symptom-free. From there you can add in a simple food at a time
over several days and watch for the eczema to return.

Also note that the eczema can be triggered but inhalant allergens. If
you're looking to improve her condition, don't forget that dust and mites
are  very common triggers, as are animals. If you do not control these, the
food tests will be much more complicated to decipher.

Mark

Mark Feblowitz