NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 13:23:43 -0800
On Tue, 26 Jan 1999 21:37:49 EST Suzanne Tiernan <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>And a final note, now that I'm pregnant with my third and last, I've
noticed
>my tolerance has changed.  I can no longer 'cheat' as much as I used to.
 The
>reactions are stronger and last longer.

I'm the exact opposite!  Now that I'm pregnant, I seem to be able to
tolerate things a little better than before.  Whey or milk seems to be
more potent, but cheese seems to have less reaction.  I can even steal a
slice of my husbands small frozen pizza and have no noticable
consequences.  But eat a hamburger bun with milk and I'm in pain in an
hour.  Before becoming pregnant, it seemed more even.

From what I've learned, the hormone changes can effect gut permeability,
so it's not surprising that things would change.  My inhaled
allergies/asthma certainly changed while pregnant also.

Kathy P.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]