NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:39:47 -0800
Here is another fruit/nut bread that is a great lunch addition.  I
usually omit the nuts and I use the Egg Replacer with no problem.  It's
great sliced and lightly toasted with margerine or maybe some Better Than
Cream Cheese.  We had it for breakfast last year for Christmas morning.
I plan on making some small loaves to give as gifts.  BTW, I may have
posted this before, but I couldn't find it in my archive file.  Maybe I
sent it somewhere else.

Kathy P.

Cranberry Orange Bread

2 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 c sugar
3/4 cup orange juice (I use the calcium fortified here)
grated zest of 1 orange (opt)
1 egg or 1 12/ tsp Egg Replacer + 2 tbsp water)
2 tbsp cooking oil or melted shortening
1 c fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
1/2 c chopped walnuts (opt)

Preheat  oven to 325F  Mix dry ingredients well.  Add orange juice, zest
if using,egg, and oil.  Mex just enough to moisten.  Add cranberries and
nuts and mix.  Bake in greased loaf pan 60-70 minutes.  Wrap and store 24
hrs before serving.