NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 17:18:24 -0600
Don wrote:  <<No, but I don't ever think I've seen stick or 1LB hard
margarine with no whey. I've always surmised that the whey had a coagulating
effect but that was pure speculation on my part.>>

I am thinking it is a U.S. thing.   They must have more product than I do.
Yes we have superstore and they only carry the Fleischmann's (sp?) lactose
free salt free variety.   That is fine, we buy that.  Safeway has Canola
Harvest sometimes... not always.

You all have answered my question.  Dairy free margarine can be found in
sticks in the US  not in my province in Canada, and yes I can use butter
flavoured Crisco as a substitute.   Thank you all so very much

Marianna
SAHM to Adam 6
Matthew 4
Kianna 19 months