NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Michelle T." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 19:34:33 -0800
>  The lactose-free diet does
>  appear to work, for the most part.  Lactaid pills do not seem to be
>  effective, although her GI Dr. feels that they only work with about 50%
of
>  the LI peditric population, based on his own experience.  My question;
My
>  daughter's symptoms do not seem to be at all typical for LI, although the
>  onset does appear to be initiated by ingestion of milk products.  Her
>  symptoms include headache, vomiting, lethargy and diarrhea. She becomes
>  very pale, and her headaches are similar to migranes (i.e. sensitive to
>  light, etc) The onset usually occurs about 48 hours after ingesting milk
>  products.

Sarah,

       When I was still ingesting dairy products, I also was not helped by
Lactaid and had all of those symptoms along with numb lips and trouble
breathing.  I was tested for allergies on Valentine's Day, 2000 and tested
2+ allergic to dairy products and the allergist told me that the symptoms I
was having were typical allergy symptoms rather than lactose-intolerance
symptoms since the vomiting and diarrhea were the body's way of efficiently
getting rid of the allergen.  BTW, my symptoms tended to be pretty much
immediate.

Michelle T. aka Pegasus

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/