NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"R. Pellerin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 2009 13:50:13 -0400
Well, my son was drinking soy milk from a year onward.  We have tried soy,
rice and almond milk and they all vary in fat content.  She could try that
until she goes to the doctor.  And to make sure that all the milks she buys
are fortified; not all of the soy milks are fortified with calcium.

Some people make "milk" out of soaked nuts and dates, which probably has a
good fat and calcium content but I am sure about introducing nuts so soon to
the baby.

Good luck to her.  It is too bad she is weaning the baby; my son drank
soy/rice milk as of about a year but still breastfed until he was three.  I
always was reassured that should anything else go wrong, he still had the
breastmilk. When he had the flu at about 18 mos, that's all he would do,
nurse, and it probably prevented him from being dehydrated.