NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carrie Micko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 11:47:00 -0500
Some have written that they don't feel the list is supportive. Lately there have
been a few hostile sounding letters from the same source. She said she was
unsubscribing immediately, so perhaps that may change the perception people have
about the supportiveness of this list. I like the general matter-of-fact tone of
the list in general. I also like that most people have been friendly in their
postings. Now and then one of us hits a hot button and someone replies in
frustration, but like someone once said on this list, there is room for all of us.
Thank you list-owners for providing  a place for us all to meet and discuss our
common topic. Carrie

P.S. Here is a recipe for "cheese sauce" from my cookbook, "No Meat, No Milk, NO
PROBLEM!" due out in a few months. If you pass my recipe on, I'd appreciate it if
you'd indicate it came from my book Thanks!

"CHEESE" SAUCE
Tangy and so nutritious, this sauce has helped our family of six survive without
boxed macaroni and cheese.

1 (12.3 oz.) pkg. Mori-Nu® firm tofu, silken style
1/4 cup  oil, optional*
1/2 cup sesame tahini
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon Spike Seasoning
1/2–1 teaspoon brown rice vinegar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes (NOT baking yeast!)

Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour over hot macaroni for a non-dairy macaroni and
cheese substitute.

*Without oil, pasta will absorb the sauce, affecting the texture. However, those
concerned with caloric intake may eliminate the oil.

YIELD: Generous 2 cups

If you would like to be notified personally when my book comes out, please send me
an email with the address for the way you wish to be contacted in it. Thanks!