NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Art Pightling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 1997 17:04:53 -0500
I would really hate to see people who can't have butter rely on
margarine.  There is so much data out now  against using trans fatty
acids or hydrogenated (also partially hydrogenated) oils.

Olive oil is a tasty substitute for many of the things butter was used
for.  We keep a pastry brush in a bowl of it and paint it on
rice/tapioca bread and toast ( we do not eat gluten anymore).  Extra
virgin, cold pressed, first pressing olive oil, preferably with a
greenish colour and some sediment on the bottom, indicates less
processing.

For more info read a book " The Facts About Fats and Fats That Heal,
Fats That Kill" byJohn Finnegan and Udo Erasmus,  or check out

 http://peg.apc.org/~nexus/

This is Nexus  Magazine- The article was in volume 4,  #2  They talk
about bad fats and offer suggestions of which fats to use

Kim

You wrote:

>I stay away from butter I don't miss it so much and margarine starts
>taste o.k.  I don't like coffee without cream, so it has actually
helped