NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Marcotte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 10:24:47 -0700
I also am Canadian. Butter flavoured Crisco is fine, at least it was when I
personally checked its ingredients. Fleishmann's lactose free margarine is
safe as is Canoleo and Country Harvest lactose free (I always goof the
latter name but I know it has Harvest in it). The first and last named ones
can be found in the large supermarkets (Loblaws, Superstores, Dominion,
Safeway, Sobeys, Coop). Canoleo is most likely found in health food or
specialty food stores. However, these are all soft margarines. I'm not
aware of a stick version with no whey in it. I always check the ingredient
list for whey. If I don't find it, it means it is OK. I have never seen a
margarine with anything other than whey and still call itself a margarine
(with the exception of "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter' which advertised
10% butter content).

Don