NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vicki Westlund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 1997 12:41:30 -0400
<< Regarding:
 Hi all, got a question.  My son is very small and 2.  He is majorally
 allergic to milk.  Me and the dr. are trying to think of high fat foods he
 can eat that have no dairy.  Do you guys have any ideas??  I heard  an
 avocodo is high in fat.  Is this true?

 My son is 2 1/2 and is also allergic to milk.  I, too, was running into
 difficulty trying to  keep him gaining weight. If your child really needs
fat
 give him lots of meat, like dark meat chicken, ground beef.  I dont' know
how
 healthy you want to be, but a number of snacks don't have milk ie.. Hydrox
 cookies, Vienna Fingers, Kellog reduced fat pop tarts.  Gerber has some
fruit
 snacks that have vitamins.  I don't know if you have a Sams Club, but I
found
 chicken nuggets and fish sticks that have no milk or egg in them.  I hope
 this helps.

Certainly not to take anything away from this former listmate, but please get
your fats from other sources than vienna finger, and cookies. These foods are
not good for you anyway. Try to stick with as close to unprocessed foods as
possible. How about poultry, fish, avacodos, nuts, etc. There is a great book
out called Entering The Zone. Dr. Sears explains the correct ratio of eating
fats, carbs, and proteins, and gives you sample foods to eat. He has done his
homework!!
Vicki